I'll like for everyone to take a look into the world that Ms. Lani Sarem created in Handbook for Mortals. As you can see from the trailer you'll experience romance, adventure, and intrigue. So take this time to get to know the latest author here at novelpro.weebly.com...
1. Could you tell me about yourself?
Sure what would you like to know? I'm an actress, writer, producer and former band manager. I've been in the entertainment business since I was 15.
2. Could you give a brief summary about the first book to Handbook for Mortals series?
It's about a young woman to goes to Las Vegas to work for a magic show...but she can do REAL magick. Her mom reads tarot cards and her wish is to just get to have a somewhat normal life. There's also some danger and love triangle.
3. What makes Handbook for Mortals series different from other YA fantasy novels?
Well it's not actually a YA book I guess even though the NY times labeled it that...the characters are in their 20's...but besides that I think there are some cool twists that you will find in the book that you don't see I think in a lot of other books...but you gotta read it to find out.
4. How many books would be in the series?
Right now there are 5 planned...but I could see it going to 7...gonna see how it's going by book 4.
5. First of all, congratulations on your book getting optioned, will you be involved in the production in any way?
Thanks and yes I'm producing the film with Thomas Ian Nicholas...and I just may be playing a part as well! :)
6. Would you like to make a cameo in the film adaptation?
I'm pretty sure that will be happening! :)
7. Which author would you love to invite over and chat with?
Can it be anyone? dead or alive? if either than Charles Bukowski or CS Lewis...if alive than Neil Gaiman or Joyce Maynard.
8. Why did you decide to choose this genre as your first novel?
Magic is and has always been a big part of my life...so I gravitate to that and I love stories about shows and the crews behind the shows...
9. What is your greatest accomplishment so far?
This book probably...I'm pretty proud of it...
10. What book (besides yours) do you think everyone should read before he or she dies?
The chronicles of Narnia....I know that's a series but I can't really pick one out of that.
11. In what way did being an actress help you write the first book to Handbook for Mortals?
I think I can think about what it's like to BE someone else and write about that. Not everyone knows how to think as someone else...but as actors, we have to...
12. Could you explain the situation about your novel and its removal from the New York Times best-seller list?
Well, I'm the only person that's ever had that happen to them...people jumped to a lot of conclusions without all the facts and then started saying things that weren't even close to being true...I hope people will take the time to understand what really happened and enjoy the book for what it is....
13. For those who haven’t heard of your book Handbook for Mortals, why do you think he or she should get it?
If you like fun urban fantasies and both kinds of magic(k)....then you will love story...
14. Last question, if you could have supernatural power for a day, what would it be and why?
That's a tough one...being able to print money sounds fun or travel back in time! but I might actually pick reading peoples minds cause I'd really love to know what some people are REALLY thinking :)
I really like to thank Ms. Lani Sarem for answering those questions. If you find her novel interesting you can get the book Handbook for Mortals where books are sold. Thanks for visiting my blog once again and I hope you come back again. Take care:)
Tweet or Like any post you read on this blog. Thank You:)