Based on the Matthew Logelin's memoir, Mr. Kevin Hart is planning to star in the film adaptation. The title, until further notice, will be called fatherhood instead of the book 's title.
Here is a quote from Mr. Kevin Hart, brought to you by The Hollywood Reporter:“When I started reading this script, I was immediately touched and brought to tears,” says Hart. “At HartBeat, we seek to provide the audience with stories that evoke true emotions and this story does just that. Our hope is to bring honor to the Logelin family, and we are thrilled to be working with Sony, Paul, Temple Hill and Free Association on such an incredible project.”
The memoir is about a widower who is raising his daughter all on his own. The screenwriter for this project will be Dana Stevens. Producing the film will be David Beaubaire, Peter Kiernan, John Cheng and Kevin Hart.
Source material: The Hollywood Reporter
Books that Mr. Obama read this year that appeared on earlier lists:
1. Becoming by Michelle Obama (obviously my favorite!)
2. An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
3. Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
4. The Broken Ladder: How Inequality Affects the Way We Think, Live, and Die by Keith Payne
5. Educated by Tara Westover
6. Factfulness by Hans Rosling
7. Futureface: A Family Mystery, an Epic Quest, and the Secret to Belonging by Alex Wagner
8. A Grain of Wheat by Ngugi wa Thiong’o
9. A House for Mr Biswas by V.S. Naipaul
10. How Democracies Die by Steven Levitsky and Daniel Ziblatt
11. In the Shadow of Statues: A White Southerner Confronts History by Mitch Landrieu
12. Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela
13. The New Geography of Jobs by Enrico Moretti
14. The Return by Hisham Matar
15. Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
16. Warlight by Michael Ondaatje
17. Why Liberalism Failed by Patrick Deneen
18. The World As It Is by Ben Rhodes
Here are his other favorite books of 2018:
19. American Prison by Shane Bauer
20. Arthur Ashe: A Life by Raymond Arsenault
21. Asymmetry by Lisa Halliday
22. Feel Free by Zadie Smith
23. Florida by Lauren Groff
24. Frederick Douglass: Prophet of Freedom by David W. Blight
25. Immigrant, Montana by Amitava Kumar
26. The Largesse of the Sea Maiden by Denis Johnson
27. Life 3.0: Being Human in the Age of Artificial Intelligence by Max Tegmark
28. There There by Tommy Orange
29. Washington Black by Esi Edugyan
Mr. Obama's favorite book-based movies for 2018:
4. If Beale Street Could Talk
5. Leave No Trace
Here are his other favorite movies of 2018:
6. Black Panther
8. The Death of Stalin
9. Eighth Grade
10. Minding the Gap
11. The Rider
14. Support the Girls
15. Won’t You Be My Neighbor
Source Material: variety.com
According to deadline.com, a biography film based on Mrs. Rosa Parks will become a feature film. Winter State Entertainment is developing the project and will get things started in 2019. The film would be titled Rosa and will be about the first twenty-four hours of her life after she go arrested on December 1st.
Jeanne Theoharis, the author of "The Rebellious Life of Mrs. Rosa Parks" will be a consultant for the producer Kessler. Mr. Kerry Orent will also produce the project with Kessler, Hamid, Dr. Mark Smith, Ramfis Myrthil, and CamilleTorabpour. Ms. Jeanne Theoharis bio about Rosa Parks had won the 2013 Letitia Woods Brown Awa and 2014 NAACP Image Award. Here is a statement from producer Kessler from Deadline.com:
"We are honored to be working alongside Professor Theoharis. Rosa Parks is an inspiration, and our goal is to be able to use this project to raise awareness for the Rosa and Raymond Park Institute for Self Development. Ms. Parks did not have any children, so her institute is her legacy."
Co-founder of the institute, Ms. Elaine Steele, also made a statement brought to you by Deadline.com: "We are excited about the upcoming movie and are honored that Winter State and the team of filmmakers plan to contribute to The Rosa an Raymond Parks Institute for Self Development. We are confident that the filmmakers of Rosa will bring quality and their commitment to accuracy to this important historical event."
Source material: deadline.com
Shooting Stars, written by Mr. James and Bissinger, is being adapted by Universal Studio.Mr. Chris Robinson( fox t.v. series star) is directing the project. Meanwhile Mr. Tony Rottenmaier and Juel Taylor are writing the screenplay.
Spring Hill Entertainment(Mr. Maverick and James Carter) with Tangerine Pictures (Terence Winter) and Cold Front Productions(Rachel Winter).
The autobiography is about LeBron James and his best friends (aged ten to eleven) who formed a basketball clique naming themselves the Shooting Stars. They formed a strong bond through the years, playing basketball. At their senior year in high school, they won the national championship.
LeBron James is no stranger to Hollywood as he already was the producer of the Friday the 13th reboot. He was also involved with New Line's House Party remake. He is the executive producer of the Netflix series On Her Own Ground.
FYI, Mr. Taylor is an alum of the universal writers program that help creators bring a global and distinct point of view to screenwriting.
Source Material: Variety.com
Tweet or Like any post you read on this blog. Thank You:)