The truth is hiding between the lies...
What would you do if you woke up and didn't know who you were?
Chloe Daniels regains consciousness in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
She doesn't recognize the strangers who call themselves family. She can't even remember her own name.
What if your past remained a mystery?
As she slowly recovers, her parents and sister begin to share details of her life.
The successful career. The seaside home. The near-fatal car crash.
But Chloe senses they're keeping dark secrets - and her determination to uncover the truth will have devastating consequences.
What if the people you should be able trust are lying to you?
I'm pleased to have Ms. Michelle Adams here again for another blog interview. Her latest novel, Between The Lies, is a gripping thriller that will keep guessing till the very end. But before you get your hands on this brilliant psychological thriller, get to know the author's take of her work.
1. Could you give a brief summary of Between The Lies?
Between The Lies is the exploration of one woman's history when she wakes up to find herself in a coma with not only no recollection of the crash, but also her family. The people around her say they are there to help, but as she returns home with them it becomes increasingly clear that somebody is hiding something. The question then, is who.
2. List three adjectives to describe Between The Lies?
Moody, cold, and claustrophibic
3. Are experiences in Between The Lies based on someone you know or events in your own life?
A few years ago I ended up in ITU after a bad reaction to some prescribed medication. For a short while I couldn't remember my own nameor where I lived. Afterwards it took a while for all the pieces to fit back into place. That is where this story was born.
4. Was there anything you find particularly challenging in writing Between The Lies?
Well it was my first book written under contract, and that was a bit of a challenge for me, sticking to deadlines, and writing with an editor in mind.
5. That’s a striking-nice book cover, who designed it? Was it collaboration afford?
All artwork is courtesy of my publisher. I think they did a great job, and I really hope people like it.
6. What was the hardest part of writing Between The Lies?
The editorial stage, because my new baby came home at the same time. It wasn't easy editing on her nap schedule and after she slept, but we got there. I like to think of it as a joint effort.
7. Which part of the research on Between The Lies was the most personally interesting to you?
In the outset I read a lot about the Milgram experiments. It was really interesting to see how people would react, what they might believe, and how far they would be prepared to go to hurt another person if they believed that they were absolved of responsibility.
8. What is your writing habit? Do you write in the daytime or night?
I write between 8 am and 2:30 PM while my daughter is at nursery.
9. What are your top five favorite books and why?
I recently read A LITTLE LIFE and it has taken my top spot. I think it was quite simply the most beautiful exploration of what it means to live alongside others, to love without bounds, and explore the deepest places in your own heart. I absolutely loved it, and still think of those characters. To me it seemed that they were so real. I also love CAPTAIN CORRELI'S MANDOLIN, THE HANDMAID'S TALE, A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE series, and GONE GIRL because it was inspirational to me when writing my earliest thrillers.
10. Silly-Game question: From Between The Lies novel (with your eyes close) could you please leaf through the pages and point at a random place. What is the full sentence? And what is the page number of this random sentence?
Page 133 - I was awake enough to see Joshua lying lifeless on the forest floor.
11. What is the one book you would give to anyone and everyone as a gift(besides yours, of course)?
A LITTLE LIFE. I'm not sure everybody would love it, and it has a difficult subject matter. But I think everybody should have the chance to read it.
12. What’s your favorite song?
MY GIRL by The Temptations. We spent time in ITU with my daughter and I used to sing it to her and she would always relax when I did. I still sing it to her now, most nights, and she always doses when I do.
13. If you could pick a day to relive over and over again, what day would it be and why?
That's a really hard question. I have many wonderful days in my past. But I'm a firm believer in not looking back to much. I would never choose to go back. I've never been happier than I am now, so why would I want to go back?
14. Last question, If (or when) Between The Lies does become a movie, who would be your dream casts?
I'd love Bradley Cooper to star and direct. I think he is superbly talented.
I'll definitely watch Between The Lies if(or when) it ever gets a film adaptation. Meanwhile, you guys should give this novel a try. It's positively should be on your wishlist. Thanks again to Ms. Michelle Adams for stopping by here again. If you want to check out her first interview on novel pro, just click "here." Take care and I hope you are having a great day. Happy reading:)